Broad Spectrum Enzyme Complex
90 Veggie Capsules
Dr. Bo's® Kids Enzymes with Prebiotic Blend is a Peptizymes SP® (peptidase) and pancreatic blend of food grade multi-enzymes and synergistic co-factors to optimize digestion of fats, starches, carbohydrates, proteins (including gluten, casein and soy) and sugars (including lactose) with Prebiotics that help maintain digestive health through a wide pH range (3-9).
Gluten FREE, Casein FREE (GFCF), Vegan Formula.
Full Spectrum Formula
Dr. Bo's Kids Enzymes is a complete plant based pancreatic complex blend of multi-enzymes and synergistic co-factors, designed to supplement an enzyme deficient diet that can trigger uncomfortable symptoms. These common symptoms often signal digestive insufficiencies that can lead to more advanced metabolic challenges.
Kids Enzymes boosts digestion and absorption with three proteases (protein digesting enzymes), seven carbohydrases (carbohydrate digesting enzymes), proprietary acid stable lipase (fat digesting enzyme), proprietary hemicellulase (indigestible fiber digesting enzyme), plus Peptizymes SP (peptidase) and bromelain. Prepared in a special base of prebiotic enhancers (Jerusalem Artichoke and Fructooligosaccharides) that helps cultivate healthy probiotics, which aid in digestion and absorption.
Enzymes - The Key To Life
Enzymes are protein-based substances found in every cell of every living plant and animal, including the human body. Without enzymes, life would cease to exist. All life processes, such as digestion and breathing are regulated in part by a complex series of chemical reactions we refer to as metabolism.
Despite their importance in metabolism, according to Dr. Edward Howell, considered the father of enzyme research, the number of enzymes each cell can produce is limited. To multiply our "enzyme store," we must replenish them from our foods.
Today's diet can be deficient in enzymes. Instead, the popular diet consists of hamburgers, french fries, sugar loaded soft drinks, coffee and other fast foods. Moreover, most of our foods are fried, microwaved, baked, canned, frozen, dried or irridiated, all processes that deplete valuable enzymes. With our food potentiators destroyed, vital nutrients are not available to fuel the body. This puts the body's digestive system under stress, which can manifest itself in fatigue, headaches, excess weight, heartburn, bloating, constipation, gas, allergies and other digestive disorders.
Therefore, many children are lacking digestive enzymes that are sufficient for proper digestion and assimilation of nutrients. This can show up as chronic bowel dysfunction. Thus, in some children, enzyme replacement therapy may be crucial for good health.
Signs Of Enzyme Deficiency
While not all signs of enzyme deficiency are obvious, the following symptoms can be considered early warning signs:
- Disturbed Digestion
- Weight Problems
- Low Energy
- Slow to Heal
- Excessive Aging
- Stomach Upset
- Slow Recovery
The role of digestive enzymes is to break down the foods that we eat into smaller compounds that can be readily absorbed and put into the bloodstream. The enzyme class of proteases breaks down proteins to amino acids. The enzyme class of lipase is responsible for breaking down fats to fatty acids, and the carbohydrases break down carbohydrates into simple sugars. The body will then be able to reassemble these components into specific forms it needs. If this process does not function properly, the body will lack the building blocks needed for growth and health maintenance. Another consequence is that the food not absorbed will trail down to the bowels and provide nutrient rich materials that foster the growth of unhealthy bacteria and yeast.
Kids Enzymes To The Rescue!
The addition of Kids Enzymes to each meal can significantly assist digestion and help to alleviate digestive disorders.
Kids Enzymes is a complete food grade multi-enzyme complex composed of all plant based enzymes (no animal source enzymes are used). It is a broad-spectrum blend of enzymes normally found in a healthy child's body. These enzymes are of critical importance if your child's body is to help itself properly digest and assimilate food and food supplements they are taking.
Kids Enzymes is formulated to work in a wide pH range (from 3 to 9+, this is the most common range in the body). It contains a powerful combination of enzymes, including:
- 3 Proteases (protein digesting enzymes)
- 7 Carbohydrases (carbohydrate digesting enzymes), including alpha and beta amylase, cellulase, lactase, sucrase, invertase.
- A proprietary acid stable lipase along with Peptizymes SP (peptidase) and bromelain.
- A special proprietary hemicellulase is included to assist in the breakdown of indigestible fiber.
- A prebiotic blend that helps cultivate healthy probiotics, which aid in digestion and absorption.
Benefits Of The Ingredients In Kids Enzymes Include:
- Peptizymes SP enzymes hydrolyze (break down) difficult-to-digest proline-containing peptides
- Alpha-Amylase and Beta-Amylase assist in the hydrolysis of carbohydrates and starches
- Proteases help keep the intestines free of parasites, bacteria, yeast and protozoa
- Proteases help break down proteins
- Proteases are stable through a wide pH range of the digestive tract
- Lipase works with the bile from the liver to break down fat
- Lactase assists in the breakdown of lactose
- Invertase and Maltase assist in the digestion of carbohydrates, beans and legumes
- Invertase catalyzes (causes or accelerates) the hydrolysis of sucrose
- Maltase catalyzes the hydrolysis of the disaccharide maltose
- Maltase is equivalent to Alpha-Glucosidase in relieving gas, bloating and upset stomach
- HemiSeb® (hemicellulase) assist in the breakdown of indigestible fiber
- Hemicellulase catalyzes they hydrolysis of hemicellulose
- Hemicellulase aids the diegestion of the cell wall of Candida, helping the yeast die
- Hemicellulase helps support the intestines, reducing gas and bloat
- Cellulase catalyzes the hydrolysis of cellulose
- Bromelain aids digestion, helps reduce inflammation and helps digest protein
- may be used for a GFCF diet to ensure complete breakdown of protein safely
- 100% Vegetarian and suitable for Vegans
The ingredients in Dr. Bo's Kids Enzymes are of the highest quality, their benefits are numerous and they are formulated using Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in our ultra modern FDA registered manufacturing facilities. This formulation contains no artificial ingredients, colors, flavors, additives, stimulants, gluten, casein, wheat, dairy, gliadin, avenin, soy, corn, nuts, yeast, oats, sugar, animal products or preservatives that can rob you of your good health, and is manufactured with a process that does not require the use of lubricants or flow agents assuring the purity of Kids Enzymes and bypassing the need for any superfluous ingredients.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your physician if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition before beginning supplementation. Information contained in this bulletin is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule with each meal, or as directed by your health care provider.