Nutritional Support for Women
Dr. Bo's®, Gland Fem Plus™ contains Vitamins, Minerals, Glandulars, and Phyto-Estrogenic Herbs that provide supplemental nutritional support and balance to women's complex hormonal systems. Recommended for conditions of excess (PMS, fluid imbalance, and nervousness) and estrogen deficiency (menopause and menstrual problems).
Gluten FREE, Casein FREE (GFCF)
Vitamins, Minerals, Glandulars & Herbs
The vitamins and minerals included in Gland Fem Plus are among the most powerful antioxidants, in promoting and enhancing normal female functions. Radioactive isotope tracing has shown that Glandulars are "organ specific." In other words, "like cells help like cells." When you take a supplement containing adrenal cells, for example, your own adrenal gland will pick up the nutritional factors as they enter the bloodstream.
- Adrenal Substance provides nutritional support for healthy adrenals. Adrenals are known to fuel the sex drive. Healthy adrenals will also produce over 50 steroid hormones which direct the conversion of protein and fat into glucose, suppress inflammation, promote healing and regulate blood ion balance in the kidneys.
- Pituitary Anterior has been shown to help stimulate the adrenals, increase energy and be helpful in metabolic weight problems.
- Ovarian Substance has been shown to provide specific nutritional support for females with obvious ovarian problems. It has also been shown that when taken along with magnesium and calcium to be beneficial in helping reduce cramps and pain during menstruation.
- An invigorating Herbal Complex recommended for maintaining youthful vitality and exuberance.
- Vitamin A - Assists in supporting the adrenal gland as well as being a valuable component to boost the body's immune system.
- Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate) - Scientists have demonstrated that Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant. Vitamin C ascorbate is also a bactericidal, verucidal and detoxifying agent. It participates in almost all of the chemical reactions that take place in the body, and is essential to many of them. Often, Vitamin C comes in the form of ascorbic acid, which is highly acidic and can cause heartburn, flatulence, diarrhea, and excess urination, resulting in the loss of minerals. Vitamin C ascorbate is a high=powered Vitamin C mineral ascorbate that can be taken without irritation. It is non-acidic, has no adverse side effects, and has countless advantages over ascorbic acid.
- Vitamin E - called the sex vitamin, because it is vital to reproduction. It is required for the production of hormones and hormone like prostaglandins that stimulate sexual activity. Recent studies have shown that boosting these hormone levels results in an increase in the frequency of sexual intercourse and higher self-rated sexual gratification scores.
- Folic Acid, Vitamin B6 & Vitamin B12 - Homocysteine is an amino acid in the blood. Too much of it is related to a higher risk of coronary heart disease, stroke and peripheral vascular disease (fatty deposits in peripheral arteries). Evidence suggests that homocysteine may promote atherosclerosis (fatty deposits in blood vessels) by damaging the inner lining of arteries and promoting blood clots.
Dietary Folic Acid and Vitamin B6 and B12 have been shown to have the greatest effect on helping break down homocysteine in the body. Other evidence shows that low blood levels of Folic Acid are linked with higher risk of fatal coronary heart disease and stroke. A high dietary intake of Folic Acid and Vitamins B6 & B12 has been strongly advised by heart specialists worldwide.
- Magnesium - Has been shown to be essential for healthy, heart function and a key nutrient in energy production that is difficult to obtain from the typical diet. Magnesium is very beneficial for the heart in times of stress, because muscles cannot relax without magnesium, and deficiencies can lead to muscle weakness, spasms, arrhythmias, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular problems. Magnesium also helps maintain correct, smooth muscle function in your blood vessels and, as a channel blocker, helps stabilize vascular membranes, heart muscle, and cardiac conduction.
- Zinc - Is an essential element required for proper functioning of the body. Actually, zinc is found in each body cell and it is also a key component of many enzymes. Experts believe that zinc supplementation may benefit women in contrast with men. Creditable research clearly indicates that topically applying zinc on the skin or the oral consumption of zinc is beneficial in acne treatment. Many women greatly value their general appearance and thus zinc supplementation ensures that their skins remain healthy. Moreover, zinc has anti-inflammatory effects and thus it is utilized for relieving the discomfort associated with blisters, gum disease and sunburn. Zinc also benefits women through preventing premature hair loss due to both internal and external factors and is also helpful in curbing eating disorders.
- Boron - Plays a major role in helping to prevent osteoporosis by helping build and maintain healthy bones. It helps reduce the loss of calcium and magnesium in the urine, which is needed to help build strong bones. Boron elevates levels of serum estrogen and ionized calcium (important because women who develop osteoporosis have low levels of these). It also helps maintain healthy cell membranes for normal cell functon, and facilitates various enzyme reactions for the body. Studies have shown that deficiency in this mineral may impair mental functioning and depress mental alertness.
- Lecithin - Contains Gamma-Linoleic Acid (GLA). Excellent in helping maintain helathy cholesterol levels.
- Sarsaparilla - Used as a flavor for soft drinks, today's herbalists consider it to be a blood purifier, useful in relieving rheumatism, gout, and some skin complaints such as psoriasis.
- Licorice Root - Licorice root is an excellent digestive tonic, and helps increase energy levels. In hypoglycemia cases, licorice root helps to regulate blood sugar levels. It is also effective for delivering nutrition to the adrenal glands, and helps build and strengthen muscle. Licorice root has been used for centuries as an anti-inflammatory, and is also beneficial for treating ulcers. Licorice root is an ingredient in many natural products for balancing hormones, which can help with weight reduction.
- Pau d'Arco - Pau d'Arco is a natural herb retrieved from the inner bark of the taheebo tree. It not only helps the body recover, but additionally, its compounds such as lapacho fight against the cause of many ailments. Pau d'Arco is known to strengthen the body's immune system, and is a known treatment for Candida and other fungus, viruses, parasites, bacteria, skin disorders and more.
- Cranberry - When it comes to general health, especially women's health issues, cranberry is one of the most beneficial fruit we can consume. This health-ful fruit as we all know, is excellent for maintaining urinary tract health. Apparently, cranberries prevent bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract lining. It has also been found that the berry's bacteria-prevention compounds help protect your teeth in much the same way by reducing the buildup of dental plaque.
- Echinacea - Echinacea works as a natural antibiotic, which can suppress viruses' activity and promote immune stimulating effect through the activation of T-cells (immune system natural bacteria killers). One of the best known health benefits of Echinacea is its ability to strengthen the immune system. It is very effective when used at the onset of a cold, flu, or other infection.
- Juniper Berries - Juniper Berries are considered to be an herb with the most powerful effects on kidneys. It is also used to treat various urinary tract infections and it can remove uric acid from the body. Juniper Berries makes the kidneys work faster and the body produces more urine, making it an excellent diuretic as well.
- Barberry - Barberry can be an effective treatment for diarrhea. It helps the treatment of diarrhea because it contains astringent properties. It can be a quick remedy for diarrhea symptoms. Barberry can be an effective treatment for bladder, urinary, yeast and gastrointestinal infections. It can also be used to treat a sore throat, sinusitis, bronchitis, nasal congestion and respiratory inflammation. The berries of the barberry plant are rich in Vitamin C. These berries are edible and can be used to make syrup, jam and juice.
- Buchu Leaf - Buchu leaf is an effective remedy for many ailments. It has been shown to be an effective diuretic, as well as an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. These medicinal properties make Buchu leaf effective for many problems, including kidney infections, urinary tract infection and bladder disorders. It is an ingredient in many over-the-counter diuretics used for premenstrual bloating.
- Marshmallow Root - Marshmallow Root is an amazing herb used mainly to relieve the symptoms of cough, sore throat, and upset stomach. It also helps people with chapped skin and helps speed the healing of wounds. In addition, it is used for its well-known ability to fight infection and to boost your immune system.
- Nettle - Traditional practitioners of herbal medicine have used nettles to make the eyes brighter, the hair shinier, and the blood clean and potent. Nettles are also used to increase the strength and length of hair in beauty regimes and a female tonic, especially for young women beginning menstruation and older women in menopause. It may assist the body in the detoxification of chemicals and heavy metals. helps to reduce water retention, and is particularly helpful for PMS and menorrhagia, a condition where there is heavy menstrual flow in women. Helps stimulate mother's milk, and increases energy after childbirth.
- Raspberry Leaf - Raspberry Leaf tea supports female systems. Its longs history of safe human consumption is evident over thousands of years of use by women in Europe and North America to support healthy menstruation, strengthen and tone the uterus, and to prepare the womb for childbirth. Infusions of raspberry leaf have been traditionally used as an important gynecological aid by women of the Cherokee, Iroquois and Mohawk nations of North America. The British Herbal Pharmacopoeia (1996) indicates its use as a preparative for childbirth. Raspberry leaf tea's robust, full-bodied flavor is reminiscent of fine black tea, making it an excellent choice in a caffeine-free breakfast or afternoon tea.
- Kelp - Kelp is an excellent source of iodine, which can improve thyroid function, potentially increasing metabolism and energy and decreasing weight gain. The iodine, calcium and other minerals in sea kelp are easily absorbed by the body, aiding in digestion and correcting relevant mineral deficiencies.
- Dong Quai - Dong Quai is also known as Chinese Angelica and is primarily known for its uses in treating women's problems including lack of sexual desire, the symptoms of menopause, cramps and PMS. It aids in increasing the effects of hormones in both men and women and is widely used as an aphrodisiac. Dong Quai is particularly useful in helping to end hot flashes and menstrual cramps. It is also used as a liver tonic and in treating sciatica and shingles.
- Peppermint - Peppermint is a carminative, an agent that dispels gas and bloating in the digestive system, and an antispasmodic capable of relieving stomach and intestinal cramps. Peppermint can be used for too much stomach acid (hyperacidity) and gastroenteritis (nausea and stomach upset that we sometimes call stomach flu), and it is safe for infants with colic.
- Blessed Thistle - Studies have stated that this herb has antimicrobial effects and acts effectively against certain microbes that cause infections for the human body. This herb has also been used in the ancient days for treating indigestion, gas and upset stomach. The medicinal effects are due to the presence of sesquiterpene lactones in the herb. These lactones stimulate the digestive system by increasing the secretion of gastric enzymes and juices that improves the digestion pattern and increases the appetite.
- Hops - Relieves nervous tension and acts as nervine in overcoming insomnia.
The ingredients in Dr. Bo's Gland Fem Plus are of the highest quality, their benefits are numerous and they are formulated using Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in our ultra modern FDA registered manufacturing facilities. This formulation contain no artificial ingredients, colors, flavors, additives, stimulants, gluten, casein, wheat, dairy, gliadin, avenin, soy, corn, nuts, yeast, oats, sugar, starch or preservatives that can rob you of your good health.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your physician if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition before beginning supplementation. Information contained in this bulletin is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician.
Take 1 or 2 tablets daily, or as directed by your health care provider.